Popular Posts

Saturday 19 April 2014

Some helpful things I've discovered :)

Happy Easter Monday girls, I hope that not too many Easter eggs were eaten yesterday! Today I just have a few handy things that I want to share with you. If you have healthy ingredients in the house, then when you’re craving something sweet, you are more likely to make a healthy cheat free snack compared to reaching for the dairy milk…

Almond Butter + Coconut Oil

These are two very handy things to have in the house, however they are both quite expensive!! Especially if you are buying them in the supermarket or in the health store… This week I found them online (www.myprotein.com) and the two of them cost me €33.63 including delivery… And they’re BIG tubs too!! 

Low Sugar/Carb, High Protein Cook-able Protein


This is the protein I always use when making anything… it just cooks REALLY well. It’s also VERY nutritious (read my full blog on this protein here).  Oh, and it tastes delicious! Buy your protein online here.

Tea Leaf Diffuser - Tea Pot


These things are really handy... You can get such beautiful herbal tea leaves. I buy my tea in the tea shop in town - Le Palais des Thés. My favourite tea - green tea - is The des Alizes (it's green tea with peach and watermelon... It's not very fruity. It's perfect for daily cups of green tea). 

High Protein Dog Food


Here’s one for all you dog lovers out there! If you’re particular about what you feed yourself, don’t be feeding your lovely doggies crap food either! I discovered this dog food in the pet store… it’s HIGH protein and grain free! It’s bulked with sweet potatoes! Most dog foods out there have very low meat content and are bulked up with crappy chemicals and grains. The proof is in the pudding: my doggie ‘Bella’ (a maltease cross) she’s a big ano, she hates eating… I’d tried her on a few different healthy brands (don’t worry, she also drink aloe, so she does get all her nutrients) and since I started her on this new dog food…. She MILLS it into her, so yippee for healthy doggies!

Clean-tella

You’ve probably heard about this new phenomenon “clean-tella”. So I decided to see what all the fuss was about… well it is DELICIOUS!!! And it’s superb on homemade protein pancakes (see recipe here). You can order clean-tell online from www.bodyfirst.ie

Bee Pollen

These little energy bullets are fantastic! They are an amazing supplement  - so good, you could actually live on them alone with water + fiber! So that’s how much goodness is in them… And they’re good value €16 (order bee pollen here).
Take bee pollen so you have buckets of energy to use all the above J

I hope these little tips were helpful,

Erica xx

Ps. I made a lovely dinner on Friday night - homemade turkey meat balls and sweet potato fries with paleo brownie for dessert... It's coming this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment