Popular Posts

Sunday 4 May 2014

*** STEP 4 *** Get your summer body ready to rock

Hi Girls,

I hope you're all enjoying the bank holiday weekend! Things have been very busy for me lately. I'm in the process of opening a new gym (that is really busy) and I'm just back from an amazing event in the o2 in London. I work part time for myself with a company called Forever Living and they just paid for myself and my partner to fly to London and enjoy the amazing event that they hosted. I am going to write a blog up on how I work my Forever business as you know how important it is not to be stressed.

Stress will completely inhibit your ability to drop body fat. Forever really stopped me from getting stressed about money. I pump everything I've got into the gym so it'll grow and become an amazing fitness destination. Forever has given me the opportunity to work my gym full time and work my Forever business part time (5-10 hours a week) yet earn a full time salary. It's amazing. Needless to say, email me if you would like to see the business presentation online :) However, I'll be back on more of that...

Today...


*** STEP 4 ***

#2: To Put on Muscle, Focus on “Stressing Out” Your Muscles

This is really important = The more muscle you have, the less fat you have.

There is a misconception out there that " muscle turns into fat ". This is untrue. Muscle and fat are two completely different substances. Steaks don't turn into chicken breasts if uneaten!

Therefore the goal is to gain muscle (we don't need to look like Arnie, but muscles are good....)

If you want to build muscle, you need to apply a lot of “stress” to the muscle... we do that by weight training. This will cause the muscle to adapt and grow stronger. In general, training is putting stress onto your body making your body work harder and in turn your body will react by growing stronger muscles and the more muscle you have, the less fat you have.



How To Do It: 

Most people don’t do things... like tempo, volume, and intensity when training. You need to start!!

Count the tempo of every exercise and focus on longer time under tension to build muscle—(a great one is 4 seconds eccentric (down) and 4 seconds concentric (up).

Also, alternate between high-volume training (at least 4 sets of 8-10 reps) and high-intensity training (4-8 sets, 4-6 reps) every 2 to 3 weeks.

You are going to be in great shape in no time if you follow these simple steps!!


When I was in the UK, Forever announced their latest fitness program. It's a decision, not a diet. It works all around healthy fats and proteins, taking high quality supplements and keeping your gut clean. They introduced their latest product called "Therm" (this is going to be AMAZING!)" Therm, raises your body heat which in turn produces more GH (growth hormone), which in turn burns more fat. If you have every done one of my weight training classes, you'll notice that I keep the windows closed, this is again the same idea. The warmer you are and more GH you produce. Anyway my point is, that this program isn't on sale yet in Ireland, BUT I got to buy a pack of it, so guess what I'm starting it tomorrow. It is a 69 day plan to train you how to eat clean, exercise and supplement correctly. It'll be amazing! I'm hoping that Forever F.I.T program will get my down to 12% body fat!


So i'll keep you posted in that!

Happy Sunday, don't eat junk!
Erica xx (ericabrennan.pt@gmail.com)

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3

1 comment: