Popular Posts

Friday 16 August 2013

Drop it like a SQUAT!


Today is training day! Truthfully I am dreading training today, as I am so sore from yesterdays training session (DOMS - delayed inset of muscular strain i.e so sore you can't move!) However...


Today's program: 

A1. Front squat x 8reps
A2. Flat fly x 15repsA3. Lunge & reach x20reps
A4. TRX chins x12 reps
A5. Burpies x15 reps 
6 Sets (as in, repeat 6 times, with a 45 second rest after each)

The problem with squats is that they leave you sore... However if you do them enough you won't be nearly as bad! Today I'm doing front squats - these are different to common/regular squats or back squats. You hold the bar in front of you for front squats & rest it on your back for back squats. Front squats SLIGHTLY target quads a little more & they require more flexibility than back squats.

I find Front squats harder because the position of the bar keeps your technique in line as in you can't fall forward when resuming to standing position. This means that throughout the entire exercise your core gets a great working in trying to stabilise the weight and keep you upright! They are also a very good rehab for my dodgy knees so I persist with them! (They're good for low back pain rehab)

Hope you try my program today for your workout girls :)

Don't forget, if it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you!

Ps. Today I have also just started my Clean 9 detox!! I'll update you on that tomorrow, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment