Popular Posts

Wednesday 21 August 2013

WHY RUN ON THE ALTER G?

I first ran on the Alter G last February in a gym over on the south-side. I got into the Alter G machine and started running! 10 minutes later, I was still running. I hadn't stopped. I wasn't out of breath! And eh... I was still talking to the trainer in charge. 


Right, so running... I hadn't ran in about four years! I injured myself from road running as I used to run every night as a teenager. Two discs in my lower back wedged together and that brought pain around into both of my hips AND down two both of my knees! (It's a bit of a pain!) Because of that, I don't do any high impact training. I loved running, but it just injures me!

I loved the Alter G so much, I just HAD to get it into our gym! I think everyone should know about this amazing machine! I mean, NASA invented it, hello... NASA! So I just felt this exclusive machine HAS to be available to everyone around me! 

Yes, it is very good for many things and it is a medical machine (that Leinster, Ireland, The LA Lakers, Manchester United and many others teams use! Ronaldo even has one in his house!), BUT it is also amazing for weight loss!! I have girls running on it three times per week for 30 minutes (that's all, nothing else) and dropping jean sizes! One girl in particular has gone from a size 14 to a 10 in 2 months! I mean, that's amazing!!!

So running on the Alter G, I personally take 40% of my body weight off when on the machine (you're lifted in the machine, by air) and I run! 

You can do:
- Intervals
- Sprints
- Reverse walking/running (very good for shin splints)
- Incline running 
(you can do lots of rehab work, but these are just what I do)

*** It's just an amazing workout ***

I also love the fact that I can just blast my music, run and close my eyes (you can't close your eyes when you're on the road... needlessly to say). Oh and eh, you can run in the Winter with no risk of falling!


So basically, you pop on these shorts over your clothes (shorts or leggings are the best under) and you're zipped in, the machine fills up with air and you decide what amount of your weight hits the floor!

I run on the Alter G 2 or 3 times per week and weight train 3 times per week and do one spin class! I only run for thirty minutes, but obviously you can run more or less. 



Today, I ran for 33 minutes and ran 4.9 miles, which was 402 calories :) 

Why don't you try it?!! www.thefitnessagency.ie & book in and try it for yourself! (We are THE ONLY commercial gym on the north-side of Dublin with this amazing machine!) 

Book 12 sessions and you'll notice a very fast difference in your weight and body size :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment