Popular Posts

Thursday 22 August 2013

Snacking Smartly

Snacks are incredibly hard to find. Sorry... I said that wrong... HEALTHY snacks are incredibly hard to find!

Snacking on healthy nibbles are important if you're trying to keep your metabolism nice and fast (so you're burning calories & hanging on to your lean mass).


Some of the snacks I like are;

- The Nakd Bars (the orange & choc one's are the nicest)
- Nuts (obviously unsalted), Almonds are my fav.
- Nut butters (in glass jars and organic is best - yes, just eat them with a spoon)
- Bunalun rice cakes (now, these are high carbs, but one or two are alright, the yogurt/orange ones are yummy)
- Quest protein bars are good too :)
- Homemade protein cakes (those recipes are coming soon)

**** IF I AM CRAVING SUGAR... I drink aloe... NO JOKE, it really helps!***




(If i'm craving something really bold... I give myself 20 minutes and if I haven't convinced myself not to eat it by then, then i deserve it... 9/10 I have stopped myself)

Another little trick is, I never keep any junk food in the house, so if i really want something, I actually have to drive to the shop to get it! (I've already swigged my aloe and waited 20 minutes, so its rare that I make it to the shops!)

Hope these tricks help you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment